The first and last time I went to Mt. Pinatubo was in April 2009. It was an arduous task to trek to the volcano’s crater. But, man, that crater is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in my life! I wrote all about my experience in a blog post called My Mount Pinatubo Adventure: A hellish journey to paradise. Feel free to check it out! (Read: Check it out, people!)
This year, I have decided to go back to Pinatubo. I’d probably be breathless, about to collapse, and cursing again by the time I reach the crater. But on June 4, I’m going to take the challenge again. It’s about time! In 2009 and 2010, I was busy surfing, wakeboarding, and climbing mountains. Now, all I do is blog. Entertaining and fulfilling? Yes. Healthy?
Not really. Really not. That’s why I’m signing up. Also, this time will be more special because I will be trekking with other Filipino bloggers! I’m excited to meet them!
As you can see on the poster, this trip is a project of the travel blog, LetsGoSago.net. In case you’re interested in joining, let me give you the details of the trip.
Event Date: June 4, 2011 – Saturday
Deadline of Payment: June 2, 2011 – Thursday
- Travel Factor
- Primer Group of Companies
- Solid Hosting
- Blogger Manila
- Still Open for Sponsorships (email admin AT LetsGoSago.netif interested)
How to Join:
* Register in the online registration form.
* Pay through Bank Deposit / Paypal (details in online registration).
* Create a blogpost event announcement as specified below (for Blogger Participants only).
* Guest Participants P2,300 per person (the event is practically open to everyone at industry rate)
* Blogger Participants P1,800 per person
** Blogger Participants are defined as bloggers who created a blogpost about the event, links to this post, and mentions the sponsors indicated above anytime from May 10 to June 02, 2011.
** P300 of the P1,800 paid by the bloggers go to Tahanang Walang Hagdanan, the beneficiary.
* Roundtrip Private Kiss Tourist Bus Transfers
* 4×4 Vehicle with driver to hiking trail
* Local Guide
* Conservation Fee
* Usage of Shower Area at Pinatubo Spa Town
* Sidetrip to Capas Shrine
02:30a – Assembly at Panay Avenue, Quezon Avenue MRT
03:00a – Departure to Capas, Tarlac
06:00a – ETA Tourism Office
06:30a – 4 x 4 ride to jump off point
07:00a – Start of 2-hour trek (can be shorter depending on the speed of participants)
09:00a – ETA crater; free-time, swim, explore
11:00a - Lunch break
12:30p – ETD to jump off point (2-hr trek)
02:30p – ETA jump off point; 4 x 4 ride back to Tourism Office
03:00p – ETA Tourism Office; wash-up
04:00p – ETD to Capas Shrine
04:30p – Side trip to Capas Shrine (if time permits)
05:00p – ETD to Manila. * arrival time in manila may vary, but the ETA would be 9:00pm
Additional Stuff for Bloggers:
* Jollibee Breakfast
* Jollibee Merienda
* Travel Factor Event Shirt
* Lots of Raffle at Pre-Event Briefing on May 25 (which I didn’t get to attend, because I only learned about this today)
Raffle Items (hope I’m not too late for this!):
* Tides Boracay Accomodations
* Mobile Phone
* SM Gift Certificates
* Jollibee Gift Certificates
* Havaianas Flip-flops
* Sledgers card cases worth 1290 each
* Sledgers Passport Holders worth 1590 each
* Unilab Gift Packs
* Starbucks VIA Ready Brews
* Travel bags
* Gift Packs and other Gift Certificates
* 1st 10 full registrants receive a pair of Havaianas Flip-flops.
* 11th to 20th full registrants receive a box (1 dozen) Starbucks VIA Coffee Brew & 1 year webhosting.
* 21st to 30th full registrants receive a Unilab gift pack.
* 31st to 40th full registrants receive 1 year webhosting.
** A Full Registrant is defined as a blogger participant who has registered online, blogged about the event correctly, and paid the package (keep bank deposit slip as proof).
As mentioned above, the proceeds of this project will go to Tahanang Walang Hagdanan.
I’m both excited and nervous, because I haven’t put on my trekking shoes in a while!
If you’re in the Philippines, and you want to check out one of nature’s awesome sights, I encourage you to join. And just to get you salivating, let me post one of the pictures I took on my April 2009 trip:
What’s that? Will I post more pictures after June 4? Of course!